Introducing the new screen reader COBRA 10.1
COBRA simplifies working with Windows 7, Vista or Windows XP for blind and visually impaired computer users. COBRA incorporates all standard functions of a modern screen reader in an environment guaranteed for the future. COBRA provides important information from the computer screen into speech, Braille or magnified form. Discover the new COBRA 10.1!
COBRA 10.1 is more powerful, more flexible and much faster than all previous COBRA versions. COBRA now includes a convenient Firstrun Wizard for smooth and easy set-up of your individual COBRA. Furthermore, COBRA 10.1 now fully supports 64-bit Windows 7 as well as the 64-bit Microsoft Office 2010 version more reliably and more extensively.
COBRA 10.1: Try the latest COBRA-version now!
Revised version of the COBRA-Explorer
The COBRA-Explorer was again revised and optimized. So web pages that previously have caused long loading times open now much faster. Also the calculation of the visible and invisible parts of a website has been completely revised.
Acoustic signal for safe surfing
The COBRA-Explorer now gives a acoustic signal when visiting a web page that uses the secure HTTPS protocol. So the user knows immediately if he surfs safely through the World Wide Web. You can choose between 9 different advisory tones.
Table functions in the COBRA-Explorer
With the new table functions it is now possible to navigate comfortable from cell to cell in tables with the key combination COBRA + arrow keys. So users get quickly around in large tables.
Adjustments and optimization for many programs
- Adjustments and fixes for Microsoft Office in the programs Word, Excel and Outlook
- Further optimization of the e-mail program Thunderbird
- Improved support for JAVA applications
- Adjustments for Adobe Digital Editions 3.0, FineReader 12, ElsterFormular in screen reader mode, Ultra Edit 21.20, Visual Studio 2012 and many more
More features and bug fixes
- Revision of Braille Server and Speech Server for a stable operation
- Bug fixes and new additional functions
There is much more to discover - convince yourself and download a demo version of COBRA 10.1 now!
Free Download of COBRA 10.1 demo version
There are 3 versions of COBRA:
- COBRA 10.1 Braille
- COBRA 10.1 Zoom
- COBRA 10.1 Pro
COBRA Braille offers both support for Braille and Speech output. In COBRA Zoom there is the screen magnification feature with speech output. COBRA Pro includes all 3 forms: speech output, Braille output and screen magnification.
Integrated Screen Magnification
COBRA Zoom and COBRA Pro contain, in addition to Braille and speech, a powerful screen magnifier that is fully integrated within COBRA. It contains a.o. the following features:
- Magnification from 1x to 32x
- Full screen or split screen views of the computer screen
- Edge smoothing with automatic recognition of foreground and background colours
- Optical aids, such as highlighting of cursor, focus border and mouse pointer
- Extra large mouse pointer available in different colours
- Indicator where magnification area is in relation to the full screen
- Inverse display mode but also only grey-scales, single colour-mode and multi-colour-mode
- Shortcuts for fast operation
- Windows key + z, direct call to magnification dialog
- Windows key + Page Up (PgUp), magnification increases one step
- Windows key + Page Down (PgDn), magnification decreases one step
That's what our clients say:
I have used Baum's screen reading software (first VIRGO and then COBRA) both at home and at work for more than ten years. One of the primary reasons why I chose BAUM products was their superior support for Braille. I also appreciate COBRA's flexibility in presenting alternative screen views. My success at work depends on my ability to access detailed information quickly and thoroughly; COBRA enables me to work at least as efficiently as my sighted colleagues. COBRA works very well with networks. Other screen readers either froze on the network (causing me to lose data) or weren't usable in our applications. Although at that time there was no COBRA distributor for USA, any delays resulting from the time difference between Germany and USA have been more than compensated by the competence, thoroughness and expertise of the BAUM staff and their products.
Mary Beth Metzger, USA