Test COBRA 11 Public Beta now!
Introducing the screen reader COBRA 10.2
COBRA simplifies working with Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista, or XP for blind and visually impaired computer users. COBRA incorporates all standard functions of a modern screen reader in an environment ready for the future. COBRA converts important information from the computer screen into speech, braille or magnified form. Discover the new COBRA 10.2!
COBRA 10.2 is more powerful, more flexible and much faster than all previous COBRA versions:
Improved positioning of the magnified area
COBRA improves the positioning of the magnified area. When a window appears on the screen, COBRA tries to position the magnified area in a way that does not hide the window, or its label.
Revised keyboard echo
COBRA's Writing Echo includes an Echo from Screen mode that provides intelligent feedback based on screen information. Example: you make a spelling mistake and the word is autocorrected; COBRA reads the corrected word instead of the misspelled one. COBRA's Edit Echo mode is also intelligent. Insert or delete some letters in a word and COBRA reads the new word rather than the letters you edited.
New table navigation commands in COBRA Explorer
Thanks to our new table navigation commands, you can easily navigate through cells in a table. It is now possible in COBRA to choose what to present, what not to present, and the reading order. The table navigation commands can now also be used in PDF files with tables.
Adjustments and optimization for many programs
- Adjustments and fixes for Microsoft Office in the programs Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Further optimization of the e-mail program Thunderbird
- Improved support for JAVA applications
There is much more to discover - convince yourself by downloading a demo version of COBRA 10.2 today!
Free Download of COBRA 10.2, 10.1 and 10.0
COBRA is software that provides access to information on a computer screen (Windows) for people who are blind or visually impaired. There are three versions of COBRA to choose from:
- COBRA Zoom features speech access and magnification
- COBRA Braille features speech access and support for over 130 braille display systems
- COBRA Pro includes everything that is found in COBRA Zoom and COBRA Braille
COBRA Braille offers both support for Braille and Speech output. In COBRA Zoom there is the screen magnification feature with speech output. COBRA Pro includes all 3 forms: speech output, braille output and screen magnification.
Integrated Screen Magnification
COBRA Zoom and COBRA Pro contain, in addition to braille and speech, a powerful screen magnifier that is fully integrated within COBRA. It contains a. o. the following features:
- Magnification from 1x to 32x
- Full screen or split screen views of the computer screen
- Edge smoothing with automatic recognition of foreground and background colours
- Optical aids, such as highlighting of cursor, focus border and mouse pointer
- Extra large mouse pointer available in different colours
- Indicator where magnification area is in relation to the full screen
- Inverse display mode but also only grey-scales, single colour-mode and multi-colour-mode
- Shortcuts for fast operation
- Windows key + z, direct call to magnification dialog
- Windows key + Page Up (PgUp), magnification increases one step
- Windows key + Page Down (PgDn), magnification decreases one step
That's what our clients say:
I have used Baum's screen reading software (first VIRGO and then COBRA) both at home and at work for more than ten years. One of the primary reasons why I chose BAUM products was their superior support for Braille. I also appreciate COBRA's flexibility in presenting alternative screen views. My success at work depends on my ability to access detailed information quickly and thoroughly; COBRA enables me to work at least as efficiently as my sighted colleagues. COBRA works very well with networks. Other screen readers either froze on the network (causing me to lose data) or weren't usable in our applications. Although at that time there was no COBRA distributor for USA, any delays resulting from the time difference between Germany and USA have been more than compensated by the competence, thoroughness and expertise of the BAUM staff and their products.
Mary Beth Metzger, USA